The Green Party of Minnesota (GPMN) is a grassroots organization dedicated to the values of the international Green movement. The GPMN strives to build a society in which all can lead full and productive lives in harmony with each other and with nature. The movement is inspired by the interrelated Four Pillars of Ecological Wisdom, Nonviolence, Social and Economic Justice and Grassroots Democracy.
Green Party Positions
The GPMN and its endorsed candidates accept no contributions from corporations or political action committees (PACs). The Green Party of Minnesota stands for:
- The development of clean and sustainable sources of energy to replace ecologically harmful energy sources
- An economy that keeps dollars in the community, making them more self-sufficient and self-reliant
- A society in which wealth and power are distributed broadly rather than concentrated in the hands of a few
- The promotion of family farming over corporate farming, and organic farming over chemically-dependent practices
- Land use policies that promote mass transit and pedestrian neighborhoods over urban sprawl
- Respect for Native American treaty rights
- A woman's right to full reproductive choice
- Vigorous public action to combat discrimination on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity and sexual orientation
- Legalizing marriage for gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered persons by applying the same standards and requirements as applied to different-sexed couples.
- Waste management policies that place their highest emphasis on waste reduction
- An international trade policy that promotes the rights of labor and protection of the environment worldwide